Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I honestly hate movies

So. I went to the 12.01 showing of Episode III. My dad went with. It was an interesting experience. It's as if I only went because I had gone to the last two movies on opening day as well and not because I really truly wanted to go see it. I mean- it was an enjoyable movie, but I definitely don't feel the same way about Star Wars as I did in high school. In high school I had the 'What- you haven't seen Star Wars? What's wrong with you?'. Now it's more like- 'well it is just a movie. No big deal'. For that matter- I don't feel the same way about movies. Right now, they are an annoyance. I feel guilty after having watched a movie. Especially the sort that depends on violence to entertain me. I just don't really see the entertainment value in violence. I can understand if the violence is a foil used to illustrate some key principle of good living or something. but when it's just violence for violence's sake- I get rather bothered with myself for being entertained. The sad part is- I'm not creative or energetic enough to come up with something else to do besides watch movies. I'll chalk that up to the cold weather. But no longer. It's summer and I will waste no more time on movies. Ok- I really don't mean that but I am seriously limiting the amount of movies I watch by like a lot. So anyone with any ideas of awesome (cheap) things to do- give me a holler. My idea is to punch a brick wall with a sealed gallon of milk and videotape it. I want to see what happens. Man. That's pretty pathetic. All I can come up with is wasting some milk. Anyways. I took my my non-wuss dog swimming today. And the other dog got to go on a walk too. But hers wasn't nearly as interesting as Max's. Maximilian Balthasar Xavier Rex. Ha. That's his full name. Mariah Cordelia Titania Xenia. That's my other dog's full name. Man was I wierd in high school. And apparently I really liked the letter X. Here's some pictures of them. I know they look like fake dogs in the first picture but they are real. It's actually quite shocking that they sat still long enough for me to take the picture. They never behave. The second one is Max 'swimming'. He gets lost in the water. Well, not so much lost as he can't find the stick after you throw it because he goes to where it hit the water but it's never there. And then he inevitably winds up with the stick behind him and he circles around but the stick somehow always stays out of his field of vision. It would be pretty humourous if I wasn't worried that he'd drown from being out there too long looking for the stick. He is a funny dog. Truly.

Max and Mariah practicing 'stay'

Max 'swimming'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home