Sunday, February 27, 2005

Dead Deer

So, today I was sort of kind of really depressed, but i've been able to not burst into tears because I've surrounded myself with friends and I feel like I shouldn't cry in front of other people. I almost lost it tonight though. Fortunately I was with my buddy and so I didn't start bawling. But anyways, we were talking about the source of my being depressed and then I said... 'we need to start talking about something that isn't depressing'. Thirty seconds later a deer crosses the street and I slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting it. The deer crossed the street. Then two more deer came out of the woods and one of them got hit by a oncoming suburban like fifteen feet away. The deer slid past my car and all of this fluff and hair slid by on the ground. I was in shock and I just sat there for a bit. How freaking tragic is that? I want to think about something not depressing and something dies right in front of me. I cried a little, but if I had been by myself I would have bawled straight up. And the thing is, is that normally, a deer dying wouldn't affect me a lot. But where I am emotionally today it was like the last straw or something. Yeah. True story.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger hanner said...

Don't you hate that? The whole on the verge of tears feeling?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home