Friday, February 18, 2005

Sour Cream, Cous Cous/ Linguine, and Warm Flour Tortillas

I've decided that there are three food items that I can't live without. They are the following:

1. Sour Cream- It goes with everything/makes everything better. But unfortunately I use entirely too much. Mostly because any of my concoctions are way odd and need sour cream to even be normal. Yeah, I decided a couple weeks ago to be clever and actually cook stuff. So my collection of recipes has gone from 3 to 6 in the last two weeks. And actually, to be honest, two of the original 3 were bean burritos and tuna/bean tostadas which shouldn't really count as recipes. My other recipe was cous cous curry with brocolli(and sometimes chicken). I can't remember what the new three recipes are but I'm pretty sure that one of them is cous cous wraps (and all of them involve sour cream and couscous).

2. Cous Cous/Linguine- Which actually is just pasta. Why is linguine so much better than regular pasta? It makes no sense, but that's all good because I love it.

3. Warm Flour Tortillas- Ok. So cold flour tortillas suck hard core. But if you warm them up...they get this lovely texture/taste. They remind me of cooking meat on the open fire. If there were no warm flour tortillas, I could make do with warm hand made corn tortillas. Not the kind you buy in a tortilleria though. Even though they are all the same size, they suck really bad in comparison to irregularly shaped hand made ones. Bread cereal. Yeah. Also, here's a hint: don't eat soup with just tortillas and no spoon. It's doable- but it's not much fun at all. Especially if you only have five tortillas between two guys.

4. Concerns- Why are there four things here? I don't know. Just like there were eleven things on some list I made back in the Other Year. For sheer randomness. Mostly because I want to say something about something but can't do it to the one person that matters most to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home