Sunday, February 06, 2005

Hotel Rwanda


Hotel Rwanda
Originally uploaded by
mr marbles.

Recently my taste in movies has improved dramatically. Previously, my roommates would constantly mock my viewing choices. Granted, I was watching movies like Van Helsing and other similar movies. Hotel Rwanda is a definite step up (or two or three) on the scale of movie quality. The director weaves the movie with cinematographic bliss...It is truly a wonderful piece of art. It is based on real events and the nature of the story contributes a great deal to the overall effect of the movie, but I was still impressed with the way the director presented the story. It was suspenseful until the last. What most struck me was that there is no physical difference between the Hutus and the Tutsis. They lived together for hundreds of years with the same culture and were divided along tribal lines rather than racial lines. But, according to the movie, the Belgians divided them and caused the racial tensions. The whole situation boggles my mind, as does what's going on today in Darfour. It's a crazy crazy world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home