Sunday, March 06, 2005

Modest Mouse

Smiths' song of the week: Sheila Take A Bow


So I went to the Modest Mouse concert on Friday. It's a continuation of my recent obsession with going to concerts. I was way stoked for three reasons.
  • I got to drive up to Salt Lake and back with the girl that went with me.

  • I like Modest Mouse's music.

  • I like finding out about smaller bands that open for bigger bands


So Modest Mouse makes awesome music, somehow I wound up with a bruise on my arm, and even though my glasses fell off twice, they never hit the ground. Being with her was awesome, although a bit awkward at times. Despite the awesome music, I absolutely hate the lead singer. He's a pompous prick and he's morbid. And he looks just like Nathan Lane. Ok, so in the picture he doesn't look so much like him, but in a tan safari suit he does. Bread Cereal.

And the opening act was freaking amazing. Like seriously, sometimes you just feel music and it like reaches out and touches you. Yeah. So Mason Jennings(the singer who opened) achieved that. And his voice is really traditional but the instrumentation is awesomely innovative(according to me). But since it was just him and a bass player and a drummer, I don't know why he is just known by his name and not by a band name. Go figure. Anyways, you should all check him out.

So after the show we went to the coffee shop that we went to last week and they were playing the Smiths. And I was so stoked because they validated my taste in music. Seriously, I was happy there and now when I listen to the Smiths(as I'm doing right now) I think of being there on Friday and being happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home