Saturday, June 06, 2009

Back in the Habit, k?


So for some reason I've been watching a lot of movies about skiing, such as Out Cold (which is good even though it's about snowboarding), Shred (which is awful), and I don't remember what else. But I think it all started when I found out that Shane McConkey had passed in a Ski BASE jumping accident. While some people might think- 'serves him right, jumping off cliffs, throwing caution to the wind' (A British person is saying that in my mind). I have a lot of respect for him. He died doing something he loved doing. I'd much rather go jumping off a cliff than getting hit by a bus on the way to work. I watched Push again last night and the McConkey section ends with him talking about the six season ending injuries in the last ten years and that he'd be willing to suffer six more in the next ten years. 'There's nothing better than sliding down snow and flying through the air'. At the funeral, "the kids all had a look on their face like Superman had just died." And that's the way I feel. Superman died. Rest in Peace, Superman- I'll remember you and your example of living life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home