Saturday, June 06, 2009

D-Day


My last post focused on Shane McConkey, who is one of my heroes. I would be remiss if I didn't recognize the veterans who were recognized today, the anniversary of D-Day, for the sacrifices they made 65 years ago. I recognize and respect the sacrifices that they make to allow me to live the life I choose to lead as much as I respect what Doug Coombs, Shane McConkey and others have given in showing me what living can be like. I firmly believe that living free is only worthwhile if you LIVE. I don't always live up to it- but I make the effort and I'm trying to be better. I don't generally like the soul bearing types of posts, and with this post I'm really trying to say- go and do and experience and make the sacrifices that those veterans 65 years ago worthwhile. I know it's a little separated: Big mountain skiing and D-Day veterans, but as we all know- my mind makes some crazy connections so you should just run with it.

1 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger John said...

At first I was like "wha?" But then I saw the connection too - and it is a beautiful connection. Yeah, nobody ever says, "He died such a pointless death, commuting to a job that he hated," but they should.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home