Tuesday, December 07, 2004

In the Library until it closes

I really just don't like working on schoolwork. Like doing my own work and coming up with original ideas is really hard. I should really work on that. Like seriously, I need so much external direction to come up with a finished product that it's not even funny. I don't like making decisions and usually doing work involves making a grip of decisions. This leads me to wonder why I'm so critical of stupid politicians. I'm SO sure that I would do any better than they are at making decisions. I can't even choose food at the restaurant. Important decisions are way out of my scope. The good thing about me being critical of politicians is that I now refuse to watch cable news shows as much any more and so i don't have to worry about what they do as much anymore. Unfortunately that means that I watch Pimp My Ride and other assorted garbage way too much. But at least I got to make a cool comment in sunday school about Pimp My Ride. My first new year's resolution is to not use the television. The other is to go on freaking cool road trips. I'm pretty excited about going to Ouray for the Ice festival. It's going to kick off the Year of the Road Trips. It should be way cool and stuff. I just have to form a posse to go because I'm not all about going by myself.( and I have to stop being lazy and only doing one route when I go anywhere).
Additionally going to New York for christmas should be pretty dang cool. No climbing or skiing involved, but that's not really a typical Blades family activity. There's nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying that climbing road trips have to be way cool. I'm struggling on the whole buying presents front, but we're making slow and steady progress with the help of the internet.
I think that on my way out to New York for the summer(if that's the way things work out) I'm going to make a detour and hit up the New River Gorge and whatever it is that's in Kentucky that everybody is always talking about(ok...I really mean that I'm always reading about it) and do some crazy cool climbing and such. I just have to get some people to go with me so we can be all cool and be the awesome climbers from Utah. If I went by myself that would pretty much suck. So I'm working on the posse building front. So far it's not going well. This is probably because of my generally awkward nature.
Well, This silly paper is still not done. Not nearly done. Fortunately it's not due until wednesday. That's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home