Saturday, November 20, 2004

Homesickness

I don't have anywhere to call home anymore. It isn't even like when I go home I see familiar places. I go home and I see new places. When I go to the familiar places, there aren't any familiar people to go along with them. It's pretty sad actually. I miss this imaginary place, this place that will never come back and now only exists in my memory. I can't get over it.
I don't understand why the collective displeasure with christmas advertisement has failed to stop advertisers from doing it midway through November. It just adds to my general feeling of homesickness. I mean, I'm going home for thanksgiving and christmas, but it's just not the same thing as it once was. Being an 'adult' has its benefits. For example, I can sit on my bed writing on my computer at three in the morning. But at the same time, being a kid is appealing too. As a kid you basically have no responsibility. Now I have responsibilty but I'm not responsible so there's a lot of stress involved. I'm responsible for getting enough sleep, but I don't so I'm really tired all day long. It's an interesting dilemma. I will never be a kid ever again, and that realization has stressed me out a bit as I had defined myself too much as a kid. I still have yet to define myself as an adult.
Tonight was rather dissapointing. I got home from work at nine determined to go to a party or something interesting. But the night passed on and all I did was watch Garden State by myself. Oh well. At least I already have plans for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home