Monday, April 25, 2005

Randomness- Troph!

Top ten reasons this morning wasn't great:

  1. I had to get up and come to work at eight.

  2. My boss is leaving in a couple weeks- the third boss in about as many months.

  3. No computer is willing to behave.

  4. I'm scanning a huge book( one foot by two foot) filled with newspapers and no page numbers.(Ok- it does have page numbers but it's from the eighteenth century so the pages are really thin and really big)



Actually- things aren't as bad as they first appeared. At least I'm not stuck upstairs with no internet and no music sitting in a room with an old lady who's quite oblivious to the outside world. That would be quite tragic. As it is I'm just reading the lyrics to Weezer songs. And reading the ads in the Deseret News from 1886(the book I'm scanning- I'm not wierd enough to randomly decide to do that). Pretty crazy ads. A lot of freemason ads but my favorite so far is 'Dr. Henley's celery beef and iron'. Or how about 'Tutt's Pills: 25 years in use. The Greatest Medical Triumph of the Age! Symptoms of a Torpid liver...'. Man, Torpid is a quality sounding word. It would only be more quality if they replaced the d with an f. Troph.
Torpid:
  1. Deprived of the power of motion or feeling; benumbed.

  2. Dormant; hibernating.

  3. Lethargic; apathetic.

So I get off work in about an hour. How excellent is that. Then I have to decide what to do with myself for the rest of the day. So many options.

I miss you
And I wonder how you feel about me too
Do you miss the way we would play
And waste our time away?
Suddenly, we're apart
And I can't see you everynight
I love you so much
Now I can't feel your touch
And I'm lost without your love
Oh love
-Weezer

Sights and Sounds
My roommate spilled all of my remaining linguine on the floor so I had to make a linguine run at 1.30 last night. We should all be thankful that Smith's is open 24 hours a day for emergencies like that. Hands Down is the most amazing song in the history of awesomeness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home