Sunday, June 14, 2009

On how I make things more complicated than they really are.

So- after I'm done here at Fort Benning, I'll be PCSing(moving) to Fort Drum, in Watertown, NY. I was going to be all high speed and make a map in Photoshop, but I got about as far as getting the google map into Photoshop before I realized it's way too much work. Only apparently the Googlers have done the work for me:

View Larger Map
So, I have to drive there, obviously. Otherwise my car would be stuck down here. But the obvious way to get from Georgia, which is in the deep south for those who don't know, and New York, in the Northeast, is to drive roughly straight North for about a thousand miles. But in my mind the best way to accomplish the move is to drive WEST to Phoenix to see John and Jill and their little one, NORTH to Salt Lake to see everyone there, and then more NORTH to Jackson Hole to see B-Rad. Once I get to Jackson, I'm far enough north that I might as well go into Canada, right? So once I'm done doing whatever it is one does in Canada(which for me mostly consists of wandering aimlessly people/building watching) then I'll drive SOUTH to Watertown. Makes sense, right?

View Larger Map

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home