Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Lessons learned during finals week

Lesson 1:
It's better to study all semester long and have your finals early on during finals week as to get it all over with. As it is, I have lots of studying to do and three days to do it in. Unfortunately with three completely empty days it's hard to find motivation.
Lesson 2:
No amount of me wishing that Van Helsing didn't suck made it not suck.
Lesson 3:
40 dollars will buy you a lot of Powerbars
Lesson 4:
When you are in a store and you can't find the bulk granola, ask the salespeople for help.
Lesson 5:
Girls are confusing. Meeting girls at a UVSC institute dance isn't the most effective way to go about it as you can't see what they really look like or hear what they are telling you. Further, church dances are incredibly corny and that's unfortunate because they are only corny because of the music/people and not the rules.
Lesson 6:
TXT messaging is a horrible way to have a conversation even though you feel really cool while doing it.
Lesson 7:
Coheed and Cambria rocks out hard core.(I didn't really learn that this week but I thought I'd throw it in there since I had to open Itunes just to listen to it because it was in my head)
Lesson 8:
Don't invite two people who don't know each other into the same chat room. It'll either turn into a 'Let's diss on Randy' session or they'll hate each other and one or the other will start randomly quoting scripture. It can only go downhill from there.
Lesson 9:
Music is depressing unless my romantic life is going well(...it never goes well). As are depressed friends who realized that the girl they thought was like their exgirlfriend who's on a mission ...really isn't.
Lesson 10:
It's very unnerving to see a girl you like kiss another guy. It's even more unnerving when you can't tell who that guy is because of all the winter clothing he's wearing.

2 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger hanner said...

I think it's more unnerving to know who that person is kissing that other person that you like.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Mr. Marbles said...

It was more along the lines of 'What? You're not supposed to be kissing anybody! What's going on?" And general confusion on my part. Whereas if I had known who it was and known that they were involved, I could have prepared myself and been like "That sucks but at least I knew it was coming". Like in horror movies, when the music is like something's going to startle you, you get ready for it but you still jump. Whereas if there is no musical introduction, it scares you like no other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home