Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve

Being the youngest of four children, it is an interesting experience coming home for christmas. This is the first christmas in 3 years that I am spending at home with all siblings present. There is a different dynamic involved now than there was when I still lived at home. The decorations barely went up today. I was thinking that there was something else about christmas that was different but I can't remember what it was. I remember as a kid thinking that christmas was great and that it was the best time of year. Not because of the gifts and such but christmas music, the decorations and all of the hoopla. But now, I hear christmas music and I get bothered(depending on the song of course). I still like being at home with my family and this is the first time in 2 and a half years that the whole family is going to be together for more than fifteen minutes. Interesting.
On a side note- multi-colored christmas lights only belong on the christmas tree and not on the outside of your house. Outside lights should consist of carefully selected color combinations or classic white, preferably no 'icicles' or crazy nylon blow up things. Not that icicle lights and the crazy blow up dolls aren't cool, it's just that they are way overdone. OK. SO I haven't gotten enough sleep lately and I still haven't wrapped a single present. kosherness. Happy 25th of December!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home