Sunday, December 19, 2004

Documentaries and Josie and the Pussycats

I'm watching The Fog of War. It's pretty interesting to tell you the truth. I think I read about it online somewhere. Anyways, it's on satellite television here at my parents' house. But right now he's talking about Ford motorcars. I didn't see the beginning of the film, but the guy said that to explain the vietnam war he was going to have to explain about these automobiles and about padded instrument panels and such. I still don't know what dropping skulls down the dorm stairs at Cornell has to do with this all, but oh well. He seems really young to have been involved in firebombing Japan. Apparently 100,000 Japanese civilians were killed in one night by an American firebomb raid. Which is exactly why our motives for going into today's war are totally unfounded. If you look at the list of countries who have committed war crimes, America is right at the top of that list and has been for decades.
I watched Josie and the Pussycats on the plane. Like, supposedly it's like anti-consumerism but it lacks credibility simply because I wonder how they chose the brands that they plastered all over the place. I enjoyed it however, and that's more than I can say about a lot of movies that I have seen lately. It made me think about how people who try to be 'original' inevitably conform to the 'nonconformist' mold. It's pretty sad really.
Lesson # 8:
Be Prepared to Reassess your Reasoning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home