Monday, May 09, 2005

Volcanoes


Between Mexico City and Puebla there are two volcanoes. The larger is called Popocatepetl(smoking hill in Nahautl). The smaller is called Ixtaccihuatl(white woman in Nahuatl). So they're really big. And you can see them from anywhere within the valley that Puebla is in. If your lucky and there aren't any clouds, you can also see the Pico de Orizaba(another big volcano) on the other side of the valley. Anyways, I was tooling around on maps.google and I didn't have anything else to do so I was wandering around Mexico and thought that this looked cool. And then I remembered this picture of me and Popo(catepetl).
On a side note- Popo and Ixta are the volcanoes of legend where the hero type character kneeled over his sleeping bride waiting for her to wake. And then they turned into mountains. Not sure how that one worked but- who really does know how that sort of thing works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home